You are here

Court Fee Schedule and Payment Information

Requests for the items below may be made online

  • Record Search
  • Document Certification
  • Document Exemplification
  • Reproducing Any Record and Providing a Copy in Paper Form
  • Copies of Records in Electronic Form
  • Record Retrieval (One Box) from Federal Records Center
  • Retrieval of Multiple Boxes of Records from Federal Records Center
  • Record Retrieval (Multiple Boxes) - Per Each Additional Box Federal Records Center per page
  • Reproducing an Audio Recording of a Court Proceeding
  • Microfiche/Microfilm
  • Any Payment Returned/Denied For Insufficient Funds
  • Duplicate Certificate of Admission or Certificate of Good Standing
  • Other fees

If you are not sure of the fee amount, please contact one of the Clerk's Offices:

Cincinnati        513-564-7500   Columbus        614-719-3000   Dayton             937-512-1400

Court Fee Schedule and Payment Information

For Central Violations Bureau click here, for all other litigation see below.

Civil Complaint/Notice of Removal:   Electronic Access to Court Data*:  
Non-Prisoner Litigation: $402.00 Access via dial up service: $0.60 per minute
Non-Prisoner Litigation (IFP GRANTED): $0    
Prisoner Litigation: $402.00 Access via federal judiciary Internet site (30 page limit): $0.08 per page
Prisoner Litigation (IFP GRANTED): $350.00    
    Access to digital audio files via federal judiciary Internet site: $2.40
Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus:   Search of court records conducted by PACER Service Center: $30.00 per search
Non-Prisoner Litigation (28 U.S.C.2254): $5.00 Copies of any record or document accessed electronically at a public terminal in the courthouse: $0.10 per page
Prisoner Litigation (28 U.S.C.2241): $5.00 *Fees of less than $10.00 per quarterly billing cycle are waived  
Notice of Appeal:   Travel Related  
Non-Prisoner Litigation: $505.00 For Current Mileage Rates click here  
Prisoner Litigation: $505.00 For Archived Mileage Rates click here  
Misdemeanor Case (magistrate judge to a district judge): $39.00 For Per Diem Rates click here  
Miscellaneous Case: $49.00    
CVB Processing Fee(Effective June 1, 2016): $30.00    
Attorneys:   Miscellaneous  
Admission of Attorneys to Practice: $188.00 Witness Fee: $40.00 per day
Pro Hac Vice Applications: $200.00 Registry Fee: 10% of interest earned
Certificate of Good Standing: $20.00 Returned Check Fee: $53.00
    Local Rules: No Charge
    Title III of the Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity (Libertad) Act of 1996. This fee is not currently enforced - Refer questions to financial deputy. $6800.00
Search of Records: Per Search $32.00    
Certifying any Document: Per Certification $11.00    
Exemplification Certificate: $23.00    
Copying Fee: $0.50 per page    
Copies of Records in Electronic Form: $31.00    
Records from Federal Records Center: $64.00    
Additional Boxes from Federal Records: $39.00    
Reproduction of Recordings of Proceedings: $32.00    
Microfiche Sheet of Film or Microfilm Jacket: $6.00    


Notice to Customers Presenting Checks
When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.

Privacy Act – A Privacy Act Statement required by 5 U.S.C. § 552a(e)(3) stating our authority for soliciting and collecting the information from your check, and explaining the purposes and routine uses which will be made of your check information, is available from our internet site at (, or call toll free at (1-866-945-7920) to obtain a copy by mail. Furnishing the check information is voluntary, but a decision not to do so may require you to make payment by some other method.

* All checks and money orders should be made out to Clerk, U.S. District Court.

* You must have exact change when paying any fee with cash.